Second unit of pavoisiers

 To add a bit of diversity into my color scheme I decided to add second unit of pavoisiers to my army. Contrary to the first unit, these guys belong to various cities across France. This choice allowed me to paint pavises differently. All pavises are free hand.





The white fleur-de-lys on an azur background is a generic French heraldry I first saw on Claymore Casting's website. It is simple enough to be painted rapidly and it identifies clearly the unit as French.

The second one I painted is a tower bridge over a river. It is the city of Pontoise. It was a major city within the kingdom of France during the middle age but is now a medium size city of no major importance.

Coat-of-arm of the city of Pontoise

The third one is my home town in France : Maisons-Laffitte. Until 1793 the city was named Maisons but was renamed Maisons-sur-Seine in 1801 and then Maisons-Laffitte in 1822. During the Hundred Years War,the city which was then a village around the old church on a hill next to the Seine river was attacked by an English raid.

The coat-of-arm of Maisons-Laffitte.

The pavise with the white boat is the city of Paris. I simplified it because at the point I started to have heraldry fatigue but it is still recognizable.

The coat-of-arm of city of Paris

The last coat-of-arm with the red and yellow stripes combined with a black cross of yellow background is made up. I just chose this color scheme to add color diversity within the unit.


Commentaires