Green Stuff World's wooden boxes - review

I originally purchased those boxes from GSW while shopping for grass tufts and basing material on their website. They were meant to fill the cart and wagon of my French Hundred Years War army. I wanted something more onscale and historical that those wooden boxes that look very much like heroic scale fantasy items but I gave it a try knowing perfecty I could use it for something else I they did not suit me for my HYW project.

So let's see !

The blister is full with boxes.

Most are boxes with flat top but there are also two chests with round top.
Note the small boxe with the separate lid.

The bottom of the boxes is plain which does not
matter since I cannot see a scenario where one would need
to make them visible.

The quality of the sculpt and mold is nice and the resin is of good quality. So nothing to say about quality. However, those boxes are very big and clearly made for heroic scale. Also,  the details of the lock and other parts as well as the ovearll sculpting style make it feel more like fantasy. My supply train will have to wait.

The size of the boxes makes it look out of proportion.

A view from the top with a chest.

My search for some supply continues. I had the opportunty to see MiniArt's WOODEN BARRELS. MEDIUM SIZE but there are made for 1/35 model and are also too big, though adequate to historical setting.




Commentaires